Archive for seo
How I just got onto page one on Google search results for ‘Engage Today’ and ‘Engage Today Conference‘, which is a conference on September 30, 2009 in Calgary, Alberta. Being a long tail keyword with less competition, it’s more likely to get on page one.
Things that were done:
- Created a new domain using GoDaddy with ‘engage today’ in the URL, http://engagetodayseminar.com
- Created wordpress website/blog on HostGator hosting. I use hostgator because they have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited websites on one account
- Tagged blog posts with specific keywords, ‘engage today’, ‘engage today conference’, etc
- Created videos using Animoto and Camtasia Studio Version 6
then uploaded to YouTube
- Advertised with Facebook ads and Google adwords
- Created a Squidoo page (free) http://www.squidoo.com/engagetoday2009
- Sent out a few tweets and Facebook statuses
- Kijiji classified ad posting (free but I paid for addition of URL
- Created a Facebook event
- Had my wife email hundreds oil/gas executives
I just did this video screencast on finding valuable keywords, ones that you have a chance to get on page one of Google for.
In future videos I’ll go through other techniques to getting on page one of Google such as creating videos and putting articles on EzineArticles.com